Thursday, October 03, 2013

Kennedy Space Center- Shutdown or Not!

Since we checked in at 9:30 PM last night we didn't know what we had in store for us until we awoke this morning. Here is the view from our room of the Atlantic Ocean! Our hotel is right on the Cocoa Beach Pier with all of its quirky, beach-front stores. (sorry the picture isn't uploading)

We headed to Kennedy Space Center and spent nearly 4 hours there. Due to the shutdown we could not access the Launch Pad. However there was so much more to see and do that we felt like we got our money's worth in spite of the shutdown.

With my keen eyes peered intently on the nearby canals and water lands I spied 2 alligators right out in the open! Thankfully LaReda saw one too so they didn't think I was making it up! We also saw flying (leaping) fish and black, free roaming feral hogs of some sort. We also saw cranes, egrets, vultures just hanging around. Being from Arizona we aren't used to such wildlife in the open! I'm afraid we look just like tourists as we slow down and point at everything and anything that moves. I fear I am becoming more and more like my mother with each passing year!
Jim and Harold looking excited!

The space shuttle Atlantis--very large and very cool


LaReda and I landing on the moon!
Print this post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you kids are having fun!