Dear family and friends,
This is to let you know that the Nomadic Adventurers are off again on another adventure--just not as long. Our memories of endless Italian food are long gone. The excess pounds we walked off have been put back on. Maridee's statement,"I will never, ever do that again." has been replaced with fond memories of "I can't believe I did that". Lots has happened in the past two years and we decided that we can't wait to travel again. You never know what the future will bring.
Of course we are much wiser this time. We won't be spending 3 months in foreign lands. We are staying in hotels or on a cruise ship this time. AND best of all, we are going to a place where Jim spent two years of his life on a mission for our church and he remembers somewhat how to read, understand and speak a little of the language. All in all, we are looking forward to visiting Sweden this summer.
We arrive in Sweden on July 25th after leaving Phoenix on the 24th. We will stay in Stockholm and use that as our base for the first week. We will then take the X2000 (high speed) train to Malmo (Jim spent 6 months there) and then take a shuttle across the straits to Copenhagen.
We are then doing a back-to-back-to-back cruise! We begin our cruise on August 4th, with the Baltic Capitals visiting about 7 cities. We then turn around on the same cruise ship and do the Norwegian Fjords, and then finally (on the same ship) start across the Northern Atlantic (on the Titanic route??!) visiting the Faroe Islands, Iceland, past Greenland, down the Canadian coast of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and ending in New York City.
Of course we couldn't do this without first starting out in good old Port Hueneme, our home for 2 months 2 years ago. Jim couldn't face another June of Arizona heat and we found a 2 bedroom condo not far from where we were 2 years ago. Of course 2 years ago we had no home and no other worries. This time though we have a home to go home to. We will only be here a few weeks and then we will go to Maren's to celebrate Hayden's 12th birthday. From there we will return to Arizona, pack a very light suitcase (remember that train travel is still in our plans) and head out.
Print this post
Saturday, June 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can NOT wait for your new excursion! In fact, now that I came back on here, I feel the need to go back and reread your European trip! I still haven't seen all your pictures from that trip. SOMEDAY!
I'll pass on the word to all my Brown Travelblog reader friends that you're back in business!
I'm excited to hear all about it, I hope you post often!
Yay- can't wait to see all the new pictures. You better post some of those old beauties, that I scanned for you!
Post a Comment