Saturday, July 12, 2008

Packing and Unpacking

We returned from a wonderful trip to see the Milam's in Pennsylvania and it hit me that we would be on our way in 2 short weeks! Anyone who knows me knows that I like to be prepared so I started packing.

I remember all too well the pain of train travel with a heavy suitcase and so I am now starting to freak out to get my 5 weeks worth of clothes, medicine and all down to a 25 pound suitcase. Well it isn't going to happen, so out comes the clothes, and each item is scruitinzed to see if it is worth taking.

I have done this now 5 times and it isn't getting any lighter. I did put away the "Brown outfits" deciding that black would do just fine and rid myself of the brown shoes and any needed accessories that go with brown.

Our hotel in Copenhagen doesn't have a blow dryer and I decided that for those 5 days I will just let me hair "air dry" and try and do something with it using my flat iron. If you don't see me in any pictures in Copenhagen you will know why!

All in all I am bound and determined to make my suitcase as light as possible but still have enough clothes so that they won't kick me off the cruise ship for wearing the same thing 25 days in a row! Watch for the pictures and tell me if you think I have overdone one outfit! Print this post

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're so funny mom! That's the problem with having too many clothes. See, I don't have that problem...just fold and pack everything I own into a small suitcase!!!

Jenny Lynn said...

Oh how exciting. I can't wait to hear about all your fun adventures and hopefully see a ton of pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great information Maridee. I think you are the best friend ever.

Anonymous said...

We defiantly need to talk. I have learned how to fit most everything into a back-pack and that includes makeup, hair dryer and curling iron. But then, I’ve never been deemed a fashion queen, or fashion of anything. Boring would be a better word for me. I am so looking forward to the up coming stories and pictures. I’ve missed the reading adventure. At least one of us has a life. Enjoy. See you when you get back