Today’s post is going to be in honor of a great man. Our step-father, Lorenzo Lisonbee, passed away this morning. He was a wonderful husband to Jim's mom for 28 years and a strong support to all of us. Just before we left on this trip, Jim and I visited him and had a great chat about our travels. We had hoped we would see him in a month when we returned but instead are so thankful that we had the privilege and joy of saying good-bye for the last time.
You see no one loved to travel as much as Lorenzo and Dorothy. They had been fortunate to serve missions to Guam and Ireland and in addition traveled pretty much everywhere. This must be where Jim gets his desire to travel. He has seen how much joy it has brought his mother and Lorenzo throughout the years.
Lorenzo was especially delighted to talk to us about Sweden and the experiences they had when they traveled there. We talked about the area of Malmo where Jim’s family comes from and he was so happy to know that Jim was going to the area of his forefather’s.
With each new country and place we visit, Lorenzo will be in our thoughts knowing that he had walked these cobbled roads years before.
Jim and I send our prayers, love and sympathy to Dorothy, his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, family and friends. He will be missed by all of us but we know in our hearts that Lorenzo had a most wonderful life.
Print this post
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't remember when it was that I learned that Lorenzo was my "step" grandpa, but I think it was when I was like 12 or something. That's because there was never any "Step" about it. He always treated us just like his very own. I know he will be greatly missed, but no doubt he is much happier somewhere else now.
We love you and will miss you!!!
I love how he always asked us about the going-ons in our lives. He loved to discuss careers with Barry and asked what I was up to in "New Jersey" heehee.
He lived a VERY long and fulfilling life...one to be admired for sure.
Thank you for the beautiful tribute to my Lorenzo. It was a sad day to loose him. i have always thought I would have him at least another 10 years....but he was sooo tired, and weak and ill and hurting in his head....the nurses said it was like a migraine
all the time. I can imaagine the reunion he is having with his loved ones in heaven. love you. Mom
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Lorenzo. I hope Dorthy is doing well. It is a hard thing to loose someone no matter the circumstances
Post a Comment