Thursday, July 19, 2018

And my blogging returns hopefully!!!

And the blog returns...….

Over three years ago I made my last blog post.  At the time I didn't know it would be my last. I thought I would write about our travels with our friends from the UK to the Mediterranean and what a fun time the 4 of us would have. And then as fate would have it, one of my worst nightmares came true and only 4 days after bidding my father "bon voyage"(he insisted that I go on our trip)  he passed away. There I was in the Mediterranean Sea on a cruise ship, so far from home, so far from family, so far from the parent I shared all of my adventures with. Since then I never touched that blog again.

I'm not sure why I stopped blogging on our subsequent trips. I don't think it had to do with my father's passing because being without a computer he never read it. I called my father wherever we were just to check in and share the travelogue of events of the day. Then I could write down what we had done or seen because he was there traveling with us. That was our special bond. I would be standing in a foreign  phone booth punching in codes and numbers and I would hear that familiar ring and then his deep voice. I knew that I would be okay no matter where I was or what was going on with the world. He was there to answer my call whether it was next door, down the street, across the country, or far away in another land. Maybe with his passing the wind was knocked from my sails.

I dearly realize that life is a gift and each day needs to count and matter. Jim and I have always felt that we would rather travel the world rather than owning things and that is what we are doing. I'm not sure how many more trips Jim and I get to take together but while we can each travel we will.

Summer 2018

July 11-19          Kristina's and Maren's
July 19-21          Montreal, Canada
July 21-28         Canada and New England cruise
July 28-29         Boston
July 29-30         Boston to London to Genoa, Italy
July 31 -31         Genoa, Italy
July 31-Aug 6   Cinque Terre Italy, Monteroso del Mare
Aug 6 - 11          Milan, Italy
Aug 8                 "The Last Supper", Milan, Italy
Aug 9                  Florence Italy to place some of Dad's ashes with Mom's @ Bargello Museum 
Aug 11-25          Bellagio, Lake Como Italy
Aug 25-Sept 8   Rouen, France
Sept 10-25         Norway, Ireland, Canada Transatlantic cruise
Sept 25               New York and then home! Print this post

No comments: