Thursday, July 26, 2018

Halifax, last stop in Canada this trip

Well we made it to Halifax, Nova Scotia, up here in the North Atlantic!  After we set sail yesterday I sat in the very hot sun visiting with our new friends, Julie and Dennis Yokey from Ohio. I finally had to tell Julie "I'm dying of the heat!" and moved to the shade where the guys were. I did get sunburned and feel it today.

During dinner the sun was shining and we could see the ocean as we were eating and then all of a sudden the fog came in and we could see nothing. It was very strange for me having never lived in a foggy area.

This morning is cooler and overcast. I took some pictures on my phone and will post on Instagram and Facebook as I haven't figured out how to transfer them from my phone to my laptop. I will figure that out in Boston.

Halifax responded to the tragedy of the Titanic in 1912. There is a cemetery that has the remains of 150 people found after the disaster. Also a large population of immigrants landed here and such they have many museums telling of their trials and voyages.

Probably the most famously photographed light house is found here in Peggy's Cove. It has 640 residents in this tiny community with thousands of cruise ship visitors here during high season. It is really worth a visit and walk around if you have the time and find yourself in the area.

We head to Bar Harbor Maine tomorrow for our LOBSTER ROLLS!!!!!  I will take a picture before and after!

Keep your fingers crossed for us also as I saw in the news that Ryanair (our London to Genoa flight on Monday) is having a strike!!! That is something we have never experienced and hope not to!

Love you all!


Peggy's Cove Lighthouse



 Huge rock groudscape


The guards at Citadel Hill
Print this post

No comments: