I guess you could say we are getting cabin fever.
First indication is that we are attending all the seminars and movies! Today we had a lecture on Greenland and then the Ice Captain that we picked up in Iceland yesterday talked to us for nearly an hour. He was very interesting as he told us how the Ice Patrol of Greenland does their job patrolling the eastern coast of Greenland. He had some pictures of a boat trying to make its way through the polar ice. Tomorrow we enter the area where we might be able to still see some ice in the water. The Ice Captain will assist our captain in our quest to get to Quartoq, Greenland. I guess there is a lot of ice in this area flowing from the Arctic. Though I seriously doubt that we will actually get to get off this boat, they are saying now that the weather should be fine for us to dock and tender to this very, very tiny port of 3500 people. After lunch we then went to the afternoon movie “Back up Plan”.
Second indication is that our friends, Ralph and Bobbie and Alice and Bobby are making me do things I would never do….like make a face out of the leftovers on my plate! Anyone who knows me knows that I would never in any other situation do such a thing but I did. Of course everything Ralph says I believe until I realize he is just kidding me. My gullibility keeps him on his toes and he is fast with the jokes. We have been invited to their homes in Virginia and though Ralph keeps telling us that they are all booked up for the next few years we know that he really wants us to come visit! We might just take them up on their invitation!
Third indication is that I have actually thought of crashing the Captain’s Welcome Party (that we got invited to only once) so that I could take advantage of the free soft drinks! I am sure that there will be no soft drinks in Quartoq since the entire country of Greenland only has 57000 residents and everything is shipped into there. Diet coke probably isn’t on their container ships!
Another day at sea tomorrow, another day of lectures and movies and wishing I was home!
Print this post
Thursday, September 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Make silly faces and post your best pics!!! Go do karaoke...I dare you to sing "I got you babe"! Haha you need someone like me along for these exact situations! I can make fun out of just about anything.
Post a Comment