
Maridee woke up this morning not feeling well, so we cancelled our plans of going to Naples to see the Museum today. If she's alright tomorrow, we'll go then. I spent the morning running errands for her--she had a lot to do today! One of the interesting differences in Europe is that if you aren't feeling well, you go to the pharmacist first. You tell them what is wrong and they give you what you need. If it is something serious or if they need a prescription for what you need, they send you to the doctor! So I picked up some antibiotics for Maridee, went to the post office to send off another package.

I went back to the cafe downstairs (where we ate last night) and ordered Maridee a bowl of Minestrone soup (like we ate last night!). They don't have any bowls to go, so they just gave me a regular soup bowl and told me to bring it back when we're done with it! Another example of the trusting society here.

When we bought our 3-day Internet pass, is was from this small restaurant called Inn Bufalito. They specialize in the buffalo mozzarella cheese (like Maridee said the other day). They have a WIFI hotspot there and so we've been hanging out there a lot. Maridee wanted to take a nap for a couple of hours, so she sent me out of the apartment. I'm at the 'ol Bufalito' working on the blog and then I might go hang out at the cliff overlook of the harbor for awhile. I am getting pretty good at doing nothing!

I had to take this picture of all the scooters parked on the street--it's probably a 100 yard long line of them. This really is a scooter town. There are a lot of very narrow streets. and there are a lot of pedestrian streets. As near as I can figure out, scooters act like they are pedestrians. They ride on pedestrian only streets, they ride and park on sidewalks, they weave in and out of traffic. (I can't believe how patient cars are with these scooters buzzing all around them like flies!) Print this post
3 comments:
Hi Dad....tell mom I hope she feels better.
I showed Gage the motorcycles...you know how is about those! He loved them!
Maridee.... Feel better.
Jim, The moped picture is great. Love the history you guys write about also. Good Job. :-) When I was in Malaysia they also used the sidewalks as the side streets for the mopeds. I had never seen anything like it. It's amazing the different cultures. Very interesting.
Awww- what a good guy! I hope mom feels better. I wish I could get a GOOD bowl of Minestrone right now. It sounds delicious!
Post a Comment