Friday, October 17, 2014

You've got a big end!

We have totally enjoyed our time in Bristol with Angela and  Steve. We have laughed and laughed. There are so many different sayings that make us laugh when we find out exactly what they mean.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/maps/europe/england/

Some geographically challenged people I know recommended I include a map of where we are. I hope this link works.

Today we got up late, had a light breakfast and went into the shopping mall to meet Angela's son James. A nice lad of 28 years! We ate at Nando's, our favorite restaurant. After lunch we did a few errands, bought a pasty for tea (supper) and headed home to finish packing. We head out early tomorrow with a 2 hour train ride to London, then a transfer to another station and then a ride on the Eurostar to Paris. Should be an exciting but long day.

Yesterday started out with Steve announcing to me that "Maridee you have a big end". I looked at him like "what the heck"? He didn't know why I was having a problem with what he said, he was referring to a long piece of thread hanging down from my shirt!!!! We have laughed about that and I tease him that he hurt my feelings! He is quite the crack up and we never know if he is serious or not.

Case in point.....yesterday Angela noticed that the car rental they had gotten while we were here had a scratch on it! We had no idea where it happened or how. It nearly ruined the day because Steve fretted and fretted about it. When we got home from the Abbey he went to work on it trying to get the tiny scratch out. It wouldn't come out. So this morning he got up early because he hadn't been able to sleep due to worrying about the scratch. He was all wound up about the scratch.

Finally around 3:30 (after stewing about it all day) he went to Enterprise to return the car. He came home around 4:00 and walked in with a stack of papers and informed us that he had to fill them out claiming where the scratch occurred, who was in the car when it happened, were there any witnesses to the alleged scratch, etc. I couldn't believe it. Both Jim and I felt so badly for him. After a few minutes he broke into a huge grin and told us they didn't notice the small scratch and he was off the hook!!!!! I could've thrown a pillow at him!

So all is well. We have had a cottage pie, a roasted dinner, chicken at Nando's, fish and chips, a proper pasty, a couple of pints (diet coke, not the full fat variety which is referring to real Coke!), different puddings, Jaffa cakes and an assortment of other goodies!

England is beautiful and it has been so nice to be in a small city instead of great big old London! I told Steve and Angela that I would feel comfortable walking into a pub now that I know how they work!

Off to Paris------http://www.lonelyplanet.com/maps/europe/france/ Print this post

No comments: