I just finished my 2K walk. Okay, I know it is supposed to be 3K but I am telling you the conditions we were walking in were equal to 3K. Our good weather has turned bad overnight. We rocked and rolled all night long.
This morning as we started the walk Jim reminded me not to get hurt or damage my feet or toes since we were just beginning our land tours. Well it is hard not to get hurt when you are walking on a wet deck, freezing cold, ocean spray from the 12 foot swells is blowing into your face and when we are at the crossover point (aft and forward) the boat rises up and then down so it is like walking uphill with the wind blowing straight at you and then on the down part you run!
But being for a great cause and the fact that I wanted to do this I took the risk. I feel that 6 laps around was great for me and I am glad I did it!
Print this post
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OK...few things.
1st, you originally said 5k, but 2k is a job well done under those conditions for sure.
2nd, THANK YOU DAD for reminding her not to break any toes! Geez, maybe this trip you can return without any questionable toe injuries.
3rd, your AC is broken? Are they going to fix it? Get a partial refund! Or better yet, I bet they ahve an unused suite!
Post a Comment