Okay now we are getting excited. I re-packed my suitcase again and now it weighs 46lbs! How can makeup and hair supplies weigh that much? Really and truly I am only taking the stuff I know I can't purchase over there. Sigh......We are as ready as we can be and just counting down the hours and minutes until we leave.
By the way, Jim has a new addition to his travel gear; his own INR meter(his blood has to be at a certain level because of his artificial heart valve). Whenever we travel we are on the search for a lab so his blood can get checked. It has added some interesting experiences to our adventures but has added stress to me when we can't find a lab and he goes without checking it. Well he was recently approved to have his own meter (much like a diabetic's) and it checks his blood clotting time with a finger stick! Yay! We feel liberated and safer for sure. He emails the results to the doctor and they email him back with what they want him to do (more medicine, less medicine, more salads, less salads, etc.). No waiting for results, no hunting for labs, no more arguments about it not getting done!
I guess the next time you hear from us we will be in our apartment. We arrive at 7:00AM on Friday morning, take the 40 minute train to our apartment and Msr. Didier will be there to greet us. Until then......
Print this post
No comments:
Post a Comment