So now most of you know that Jim and I are going to give Paris another try. We have been longing to go back there because somehow all the negative feelings we had 3 years ago have been replaced with fond desires of the food, people and sites. This time we are only going to be in Paris for 3 weeks and then we will travel to Costa Brava, Spain where we have secured a lovely hotel room right on the Mediterranean. From there we will go to Barcelona to begin our 16 day cruise back to the US.
As an experienced traveler now I no longer rely solely on Rick Steves and his suggestions of what to bring. This time we are going prepared with hair dye, deodorant, bars of soap, peanut butter, an ice cube tray, 3 bras, and plenty of plans for picnics in the parks. We aren't as interested in all the museums this time as we are just sitting in the grand and glorious gardens that are there. Our expectations are ........well just that. We don't have any this time.
I am still packing and repacking trying to get the weight of my suitcase down to a reasonable weight for me to heave on to the trains and metros. I think I will be able to do it as I really have this train travel fine tuned.
We are excited to begin and find our neighborhood bistro where we can just sit and watch the people of this beautiful city.
Print this post
Saturday, September 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooooh, I love your blog!! Can't wait to experience Paris with you guys again!
I see you figured out how to change the itinerary. I went in to change it and had a slight moment of confusion when I saw Fall 2009 Itinerary. Glad you figured it out!
Post a Comment