


After our 3 hour nap yesterday I still found it easy to go to bed around 11:00PM. We had a light dinner and watched a little French TV (which we don’t understand) and went to bed.
Imagine my surprise when I awoke at 10:30 this morning. I couldn’t believe I had slept that long. After a great breakfast of Country Crisp cereal (nuts, nuts and more nuts with some granola thrown in), brie cheese and a baguette I went to lie down again and read my book.
Imagine my surprise when I woke up at 1:40PM!!!! I asked Jim why he didn’t awaken me and he said I was snoring so he figured he would let me sleep. I don’t think I have ever in my life slept so much and so well!
We decided to head over to the Luxembourg Gardens and have been sitting here for a couple of hours. We first watched a Bocce Ball Tournament. Then we had a Nutella crepe and are now sitting in front of the Palace just watching the thousands and thousands of people.
We are constantly amazed at how much the French love the outdoors. It has to be that their homes are so tiny that they need to get out and let the children run and play. They have tennis courts here and if they are all taken up, children put chairs in a row and use that as a net. The gardens are full of flowers, statues, benches, playground equipment, restaurants and chairs. The chairs aren’t tied down. I guess they don’t worry about people walking off with them. Oh and bees. Lots of bees. There are bees all over. Every patisserie has bees buzzing the wonderful pastries. They loved our nutella crepe too. We will head back home to our apartment and try and take a bath. The thing Didier forgot to tell us is that there is no shower. One must sit in the tiny bathtub and use the handheld shower nozzle to wash and rinse off. Of course the owner of the apartment is probably 5 ft tall and very petite because that is what the furniture is made for. Daughters, imagine your 6 ft father sitting in a bathtub all scrunched up with maybe 2 inches of water and using a hand held shower nozzle to wash off. I pretty much laughed my head off at that sight. I think I will take a picture of it so you can see for yourself.
I think tonight we will have ourselves a nice restaurant dinner if we can find one open. Since it is Sunday many, many establishments are closed so we will see. Bon soir.



3 comments:
You should start an injury list on the sidebar...
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. You deserve it.
Happy Birthday. Love the stories and pictures. Keep having fun. Love Ya Vicki
Post a Comment