Monday, October 05, 2009

Today is a cold, wet, rainy day and we just couldn't get excited about going out and about. We were planning on walking through the Luxemborg gardens and finding the world renowned patiserrie that we went to 3 years ago but Mother Nature intervened.

So we stayed inside; I nursed a cold that has hit me over the weekend and Jim is looking for something on the internet for us to watch. Our French  television channels are very limited and of course in french. Jim gets mad when I ask him to turn it up like I can understand it or something! Our internet is even more limited. I have read everything in English there is to read here and now I am starting to read Rick Steves' Paris 2008 book from cover to cover.

We cannot watch any online shows from the US as they must be copyrighted or something. A sign on the screen says, "it appears that you are not in the United States and therefore you cannot have access to this site". We used to be able to download YouTube to see some tv shows but can no longer do that. So we are sitting here, staring at each other and figuring out how to make this a memorable day.


I sent Jim out in the rain to the neighborhood boulangerie for a chicken, egg sandwhich and a pastry. He brought back my new favorite; a Mille Feuille (1000 layers or a Napoleon as we would call it). I love how they wrap all their pastries. No cardboard boxes for them.

I also wanted some pictures of our apartment up close and personal so I don't forget our little home.
Living room light-notice the wiring. The entire house is like this. I don't think it is up to code.




Here are some pictures of our apartment at 7 rue de Leopold Robert. This is the refrigerator area to the right. We haven't used the microwave at all. Notice all the plugs. Print this post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of reading material for the bathroom, eh? ;)

You should also try Hulu.com for shows.

Anonymous said...

YIKES! What more can I say?

Hope your cold is better.

Are all the books written in french?