Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Nando's Peri Peri---and more pictures from yesterday

Look close-the fireplace from the dining hall at Oxford, looks like Alice in Wonderland

Just a quick note on today. We didn't wake up until 10:00 am so we missed our free breakfast. We had to do laundry so we threw in our clothes into our suitcase and walked our mile and a half to the Laundromat. After a rousing 2 loads of wash, we repacked the suitcase with clean clothes and walked to Jim's favorite dining place-Nando's Peri Peri. He LOVES that place and since we got here he has become a "loyalty diner". We just got our first free dinner! I ordered some marinated olives that looked delicious and it looked like they had little balls of mozzarella in them. Imagine how surprised I was when I couldn't get a toothpick in them. They were actually cloves of garlic!!!!
A view of Oxford from the quadrangle

We went home, unpacked our clean clothes, Jim tried to iron his wrinkled ones but the hotel iron is so pathetic that I could hold it in my hand and it wouldn't burn me.

A Knight in Shining Armour at Warwick Disneyland Castle
A beautiful home in the Cotswolds
A very expensive thatched roof. Only the rich can afford them!
We headed out to Trafalgar Square and people watched. Then we went to St. Martin's in the Field church, listened to a Mozart dress rehearsal and ate dinner in the crypt. I guess we tend to stick with those places to eat that we found 4 years ago and delivered a great meal to us. And eating in a crypt is something everyone should experience once or twice in a lifetime. Print this post

No comments: