I have had some thought time and this is what I have come up with:
1.We love dining with our dining companions; Ralph, Bobbie, Bobby, Alice Marie, Grant and Jean. I know that Ralph reads our blog and especially the first sentence so I have put this information at the top. They are fun to talk with, share stories with and travel with. Although Ralph acts like we are a bother to him I personally think he enjoys us and is glad that we tagged along on this cruise!
2. McDonald's always has the cleanest bathrooms in Europe and the UK, the best diet cokes and free WiFi. What could be better!
3. I wish I could claim some Scottish heritage. They are the friendliest people and so willing to help. I will have to do some more geneology on the Miller/Blumenschein line to see if there is perchance a William Wallace in my heritage. I would love to come back here with our friends, the Porters, since he served a mission here years ago!
4. Those who know about our blight with the smoke filled stateroom know that we have been working with Princess cruises to get a new room. Such will not happen on this cruise or the next. With the air conditioner off due to it being cold the smell came back again. Once they said they have done whatever they could (the head of all staterooms even came to our room with the head of our floor person) only to say there was nothing more. They have sanitized, given us a new bed, etc etc. Once they left I took a wash rag and water and washed the walls!!! They were FILTHY! Yellow brown smoke and ash residue completely covered 3 washrags! They of course apologized but the head guy never saw the rags because they were intercepted by the floor manager. Well yesterday I did another swipe of the cabin and got more off! I took it right down to the head guy and he was shocked to say the least. I mentioned that the Captain wears gloves so as to not get sick from us passengers but we have to live in this environment! They completely shampooed the carpets, rewashed the walls and ceilings and we will see what the outcome is.
5. I miss my family, friends and home sweet home wherever that may be!
Print this post
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yopu need a SERVPRO... "Like it Never Even Happened". Haha. We used an ozone machine to deodorize odor filled rooms. It takes care of smoke, skunk and even rotten chicken that was sitting in the back of a car for THREE WEEKS!THey should invest in one.
Hopefully the cleaning job will help. That just sucks. they've GOT to have an empty room somewhere.
oops, that was me
I think they need to re-emburse you for your cabin...If a person goes on vacation to relax and have fun they shouldn't have to do all the work. I love your pictures and stories, glad you are having fun with friends. My heritage is Scottish and I have always wanted to go to Scotland, glad you are enjoying it for me, I am sure I will never get there.
add: Maren and Deanna what are you doing writing to your mom and dad in the wee hours of the day? Don't you ever sleep?
Post a Comment