Sunday, April 08, 2012

Maridee's view of Australia as posted on Facebook

* Pictures are posted below this post in other posts. We had trouble posting the photos so we have jumped around alot trying to get everything posted. Jumped like a kangaroo!

It has been hard to imagine that I am in Australia when Melbourne is such a busy, metropolitan city. It looks like NYC with its big, tall buildings and it resembles Paris, France with the certain kind of trees that line the street. Then I must be in London because everyone drives on the left and talk with such a delightful accent. So Australia was hard to imagine......that is until today!

 We left the flat Melbourne area and went through the dry bush that could be Arizona. Houses looked a lot alike but had antennas poking out of every roof top.

 Then we drove through little towns where my first glimpse of something out of place were the multitudes of beautiful white cockatoos flying around freely with not a cage in sight! Then down to the beautiful beaches where the huge surf tournament was going on and the angry waves were crashing against the sandstone and limestone cliffs of long ago. We then made our way to a little camping area where families had their tents up and as we looked up and around we saw koala bears lazily sitting in the trees munching on the leaves. Red breasted parrots flew around us squawking as though we had just entered the Outback exhibit at the Phoenix Zoo. Onto a rain forest where we were canopyed by huge fern trees thousands of years old and the tallest eucalyptus trees I had ever seen. Then back to more of the angry sea to catch a glimpse of the 12 Apostles that the sea has created for years and years.

Well I could go on and on and after 14 hours I finally know that I am in Australia and it is all that I imagined and more.
Print this post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi grammy and papa I was looking at your pictures with mom and they are awsome I wish I was there.P.S LUCKY!!!!!!!!!! Love, madalyn